On Wednesday 24 Sep 2014 15:43:55 Dirk Gently wrote:
Anton Aylward wrote:
On 09/24/2014 02:15 AM, Felix Miata wrote:
I don't think the same
about systemd so much any more after reading a few days ago this:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-September/023294
.html>
That's excellent.

Those 17 points sum up 'the UNIX way' very well, much better than the
rants we've seen here, which have mostly been recidivist.

The claims that systemd is undocumented and similar are quite unfounded.

If it's not in the man pages, it's not documented.

man systemd - works for me

NAME
systemd, init - systemd system and service manager

SYNOPSIS
systemd [OPTIONS...]

init [OPTIONS...] {COMMAND}

DESCRIPTION
systemd is a system and service manager for Linux operating systems.
When run as first process on boot (as PID 1), it acts as init system that
brings up and maintains userspace services.

For compatibility with SysV, if systemd is called as init and a PID
that is not 1, it will execute telinit and pass all command line arguments
unmodified. That means init and telinit are mostly
equivalent when invoked from normal login sessions. See telinit(8) for
more information.

When run as system instance, systemd interprets the configuration file
system.conf, otherwise user.conf. See systemd-system.conf(5) for more
information.

OPTIONS
The following options are understood:

-h, --help
Prints a short help text and exits.

If I can't bring up my system to full GUI status, no amount of online
webpages are worth a single shit.