/snip/

I wonder why more of those who are making a big fuss about "A large number of
well understood and well working tools have been absorbed in one fell swoop
by systemd" are not looking into the proposed uselessd?
I am not a programmer, but I think I understand the line I just quoted, and I
think I understand the general thesis of uselessd, which is to solve that
problem,
while keeping such merits as systemd has. It would seem to me to be a
reasonable approach, and a compromise that even the staunchest supporters of
the present systemd might be willing to accept, when it becomes more fully
developed.
I would hope that those reading here who are programmers/developers would
look into uselessd and assist in its finalization.

Not interested. I just want to go back to init and the /etc/rc.d
directory of services.

Am I to understand that the cores from my programs no longer go on the
file system? How the hell did systemd get that deep into my computing
environemt?

Ruben

--doug

http://www.mrbrklyn.com