On 09/23/2014 09:02 PM, Ruben Safir wrote:
Is there any way of ditching systemd and putting sysv back into
the system scripts

ruben

Ruben

I hesitate to put this out there only because once I do, I fear the technique will be
"patched out".

What I found is that there is a sourced, common function that checks for
systemctl. If it exists, transfers the init script function to
systemctl/systemd to manage the service.

What I do for things I don't want systemd to mess with, before the start block of the init script, I rename systemctl to make it so that function can't see it and notmal script function isn't modified. I still have to chase down original init scripts and insert my die-systemd function, but I can minimize the impact it has on my system. YMMV.

Here's what truly fascinates me; The systemd test functions were placed into /etc/rc.status. It's ONLY function originally was to do the nice colored status read-outs for the init scripts

It just FEELS like spaghetti coding, but it does make it easy.