[opensuse] Re: offtopic: laptop repair
On Tue 23 Sep 2014 10:40:04 AM CDT, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Alright, after a decade or more of routinely carrying a laptop around
I just broke my first screen.

It's for a Dell XPS L502X.

Looks like I can spend anywhere from $60 to $300 to replace it. (At
$300 it may be smarter to replace it?)

It looks like the 2 basic options are buying a complete lid with the
screen and bezel already toghether, or I can buy just a screen.

I'm reasonably handy with tools, so I'm wondering what the smart thing
is for me to do. Any advice?

On my own, I will likely order this one from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2721DJ3574&cm_re=dell_xps_l502x_screen-_-9SIA2721DJ3574-_-Product

Any gotcha's I should be aware of?

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
Hi

You need to make sure you check the LCD panel part number before
ordering, then search for the part number.

Is it a touchscreen or just a plain 15.6"? If it's just a plain one,
post back the part number and will look in my laptop parts box to see
if I have one.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-21-desktop