Re: [opensuse] Interpretation please **THANKS TO ALL**
On 2014-09-23 11:18, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 19/09/14 21:01, Carlos E. R. wrote:

However, I will send to Seagate the smartctl tests for the HDDs re which
I started this thread to ask them what Seagate think of the figures.
If they answer at all, I mean a human response, not a robot or a flower
pot, it would be very interesting to learn about it ;-)

I received the response from Seagate Support last night and it was that
there does not appear to have anything to worry about.

But they also suggested that I download the latest SeaTools - which I
did - and run tests against each of the HDDs just to confirm
S.M.A.R.T.'s results. I haven't done this yet.

Ah... they probably have that on the stock copy paste replies. I did
have a list of replies to give on a similar job - I just copy pasted
them liberally when appropriate ;-)

There are two version of Seatools. Both are good. The modern one only
runs in Windows. There is another one that they offer as a downloadable
ISO, which boots. It is a MsDOS or FreeDOS (I don't remember which)
image. It is what you have to use if your machine runs Linux. The only
problem it has is that it is incapable of saving or printing the
resulting report :-(

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)