Re: [opensuse] linux native photo processing, was: Display of raw files in Gwenview **IT'S ALL A MISUNDERSTANDING!**
On 22/09/14 04:28, John M Andersen wrote:
On Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:53:50 PM Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-21-14 12:28]:
[...]

However I personally havn't found a really satisfying raw processing
solution on Linux (I confess, it's a while since I tested....), so I
still use manufacturers programs or a commercial one in virtualbox/w.
Take a good look at darktable. I went to it from bibble5/AfterShotPro
about 15 months ago and haven't looked back.

(one line)
zypper ar -fr
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/toganm:/photography/openSUSE
_Factory/home:toganm:photography.repo

(one line)
zypper -v up -r "Photography related packages (openSUSE-Factory)"
darktable

Togan Muftuoglu graciously provides latest git builds. I have been using
them for > a year with *very* little problems. And during soccer seasons
I work > 2500/wk and I am running Factory.
I've always thought that Darktable was in a competition with Gimp to see who
could come up with the LEAST intuitive interface. The Principal of Least
Astonishment apparently never crossed their mind.

Laddies and Lassies,

I received a private mail from the OP and as it turns out - but you wouldn't think this from his post - is that he does NOT want to display RAW images in Gwenview but only jpeg images.

If you read his OP carefully what he was saying is that in the past he could *suppress* the display of RAW images as he only wanted to see jpg images.

He now wants to do same with the latest Gwenview which seems to display both RAW and jpgs - which is something he does not want.

Rather than respond to him in private I will make my comment here as to how to (probably) solve his problem. I already hinted at it in another response and that was that in Dolphin you can set (in the image Properties) which image viewer you want to use to view the image. I think one can work out now how NOT to see RAW images in Gwenview.....

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor