Re: [opensuse] MediaWiki exploit - check your site...
On 21/09/14 23:33, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
On 21/09/14 23:14, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-09-21 15:02, Basil Chupin wrote:
Isn't mediawiki part of the LibreOffice suite?
AFAIK, no.
Do you a search in YaST;s file manager for 'mediawiki' and you will
find that it is part of LibreOffice. There are 2 entries for it - one
for LO and another for some interface for MediaWiki for web service.
Then it appears somewhat odd that none of LO is required to install/use
mediawiki. Nor is any of mediawiki required by LO ???

Look for yourself in YaST and then you can tell *me* the answer :-) .

LO installs a mediawiki related 5.1MB file - a plugin I believe.

What relationship it has to what David's Mediawiki I don't know but I hardly think that there would be more than one file allowed to be called mediawiki. But then....what do I know?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor