Re: [opensuse] Resource Interchange File Format (RIFF) / AVI metadata viewer
  • From: h <hdixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 19:27:35 +1000
On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 16:46:49 +1000
h <hdixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I am wanting some software to view metadata in avi files. I have
found showriff, but there does not seem to be much else.
I noted that the XAWTV project contains a showriff.c file, but I
cannot find any "nice" software to browse and view the data chunks in
an avi file.
(I know the 'standards' for RIFF data are not fantastic. I will deal
with the data chunk / BLOB as a separate issue!!!)

Does anyone know of anything they can recommend to find and view the
RIFF data?

I had not found mediainfo, and had only used exif for images, not
videos. I have had a go with each of these. Thankyou for the
suggestions.
I am looking at/for lat and long data that is embedded within
the avi file. Unfortunately these programs seem to pick up the
metadata in the header, but not the coordinates / data spread through
the file.
Are there any other suggestions?

With thanks again,