[opensuse] Regenerating KDE menus
I came across an entry in "my little black book" which stated that executing '/opt/kde3/bin/kbuildsycoca' rebuilt the KDE menus.

Now, in oS 13.1 I can see that this item exists - even though I am NOT running KDE 3 but have KDE 4.

I don't want to totally corrupt my 13.1 installation so I am asking if running 'opt/kde3/bin/kbuidsycoca' would recreate the menus or would it cause a flash of light followed by a puff of smoke from the keyboard?

(BTW, while '/opt/kde3/ ' *is* still to be seen in oS 13.1 it is not in 13.2/Factory .)

If running 'opt/kde3/bin/kbuildsycoca' no longer recreates KDE menus what then does recreate them?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.1 & kernel 3.16.3-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor