Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed
Hallo Billie, op 17-09-14 om 14:41 schreef je:

On 09/16/2014 11:07 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Well, I created a new user and logged in but nothing has changed -
get identical results. Here are 2 screenshots, one of the Menu in
Kickoff

http://susepaste.org/38933146

I agree with John Anderson, switch to classic menu.

Also just discovered another thing which does not work: the above
images are in *.png format; I tried to convert them to *.jpg in
Dolphin but the attempts were simply ignored.

Something very strange going on but I cannot start to even think
where to start looking.
Dolphin is a filing program, not an image editor.

That's true.

You can right click on it and change the file extension to whatever
you like but it doesn't change the format. If you want to change
formats use an image editor like Gimp.

I don't agree. I can right click on a jpg, png, tif or gif and choose:
'Actions' -> Covert to -> JPEG/PNG/GIF/TIFF.

Harrie

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading (Dutch)