Re: [opensuse] Something changed some KDE items which were previously displayed
On 9/16/2014 11:16 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 17/09/14 15:37, John Andersen wrote:
On 9/16/2014 10:26 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
f something in the System Settings got corrupted I cannot check because I do not have the System Settings
Alt-F2
type systemsettings
hit enter

Is something supposed to happen? All I get is a text file with headings-

[Applications]

[Favorites]

[KRunner]

[Krunner] [PlasmaRunnerManager]

[RecentlyUsed]

with a list of items under each heading.

BC

You are supposed to see the systems settings screen, the same way you would it that option appeared
on your menu.
Almost all parts of KDE can be launched by commend line, which is what systemsettings is supposed to do.

Your system seems quite broken, and it would seem the best way to fix it at this point
would be a forced re-install of KDE. I'd double check your repositories to make sure they are
the correct ones for your version.