Re: [opensuse] recording flash audio output with pulseaudio
On 16/09/14 02:08, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I want to record flash audio output on my hard disk as wave file.

Up to now I have done by running the command

pacat --record -d alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.monitor | sox -t raw -r
44100 -s -L -b 16 -c 2 - "output.wav

This records not only the flash output but every sound sent to the speakers
including desktop effect sounds etc. It is also sensible to the volume, that is
the recorded sound's volume depends on the volume sent to the speakers. Because
of this I can't change the speaker output volume when recording.

Fortunately I found a solution:

https://en.opensuse.org/User:Gnyers/RecordFlashAudioOutput

This gives instructions how to record the flash audio only:

1. Create a virtual stream
For a clean recording without any "contamination" from other audio sources
create a dedicated virtual stream
$ pactl load-module module-null-sink sink_name=FlashPlugin

2. Find out the Sink index of the Flash audio output. Look for the
'plugin-container' binary
$ pacmd list-sink-inputs | egrep 'index:|sink:|application.process.binary'
index: 0
sink: 0 <alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
application.process.binary = "plugin-container"
index: 503
sink: 0 <alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
application.process.binary = "mplayer"
In this case: INDEX=0

3. Move the audio output of the Flash plug-in to "FlashPlugin", the dedicated
stream.
pactl move-sink-input $INDEX FlashPlugin

4. Record the "FlashPlugin" sink
uncompressed wav:
parec -d FlashPlugin.monitor --file-format flash-audio-output-capture.wav

This works well, but when I apply the 3rd command (pactl move-sink-input) the
sound is redirected and can't be heard on the speakers, I can not monitor what
I record.

How could I record and monitor the recorded sound simoultaneously?

Another question: how can I move the audio output back to the speakers? The
instruction doesn't say it.

Thanks,

Istvan

Do you have pavucontrol installed?

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.14.0 & kernel 3.16.2-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor