Re: [opensuse] Pulse/Alsa compression, equalizer, limiter
On Thu, Sep 11, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 11/09/14 05:27, Michael Fischer wrote:
Google has not been my friend on this topic, unless I'm running Ubuntu,
which I am not. I am running openSuSE 12.3.

Can anyone point to a 12.3-friendly way to get a compressor and equalizer
going? A limiter if such exists would be great too.

Preferably one which can be handled via alsamixer or similar, as I do
not generally run the KDE or gnome environments/apps.

I *think* I'm looking for a SuSE 12.3-friendly way of doing:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/31580/is-there-a-way-of-leveling-compressing-the-sound-system-wide

Many thanks.

Michael

Equaliser, compression are functions of a player and nothing to do with
alsa or pulseaudio.

Start using VLC. Then, in Tools select Effects and Fillters.

Unfortunately, that isn't an option when I'm trying to clamp down on the
sound coming from an application running in a Windows7 VM.

Most of the ubuntu-oriented posts I've seen suggest that it *is* something
which can be handled with pulse/alsa plugins, at a system level.

Thanks.

Michael
--
Michael Fischer