Re: [opensuse] write several usb flash keys at once

On 2014-09-07 10:02, jdd wrote:
Le 06/09/2014 22:48, jdd a écrit :

Using

dd bs=4096
if=/data/telechargements/download/isos/openSUSE-13.1-DVD-x86_64.iso
of=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-General_USB_Flash_Disk_05311100000000A8-0\:0
&

Other concoction:

cp /data/.../openSUSE-13.1-DVD-x86_64.iso /dev/disk/by-id/usb-...

one needs to *not* use the "part1" part (two choices, with and
without). It's pretty obvious, but the iso have to be written on
the disk, not the first partition.

Of course! Where did you get the idea that you could write one of the
partitions? It is always, and always has been, write the whole iso
file to the whole destination device.