Re: [opensuse] Running e2fsck to check ext4 files system
El 05/09/14 a las #4, Basil Chupin escribió:
In the past I would boot into oS in Level #1 and then execute, as root,
the command-

mount -o remount,ro /dev/sda<x>

followed by

e2fsck dev/sda<x>

However, when I try to do same at the moment I get the 'error' message
stating that "sda<x> is BUSY.

I need to check the condition of the file system to determine whether my
HDD is failing or it is the ext4 file system is corrupted.

(I am running oS 13.1 with the latest updates and with KDE 14.4.x and
kernel 3.16.1-8.x.)

boot with systemd.unit=rescue.target

If that still does not allow you to fsck the filesystem and you are
using dracut as initrd generator, boot with rd.break and you will get a
rescue shell.

--
Cristian
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to