Re: [opensuse] Running e2fsck to check ext4 files system
On 05/09/14 20:39, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
In the past I would boot into oS in Level #1 and then execute, as
root, the command-

mount -o remount,ro /dev/sda<x>

followed by

e2fsck dev/sda<x>

However, when I try to do same at the moment I get the 'error'
message stating that "sda<x> is BUSY.
lsof |grep sda

man lsof
lsof --help

Thanks Patrick. Will try this after the backup of part of the system is finished.

But I cannot imagine what file could be running because I simply boot the system into level #1 and therefore do not expect to have any files open.

But then there is global warming.........

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.13.3 & kernel 3.16.1-4 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor