[opensuse] Running e2fsck to check ext4 files system
In the past I would boot into oS in Level #1 and then execute, as root, the command-

mount -o remount,ro /dev/sda<x>

followed by

e2fsck dev/sda<x>

However, when I try to do same at the moment I get the 'error' message stating that "sda<x> is BUSY.

I need to check the condition of the file system to determine whether my HDD is failing or it is the ext4 file system is corrupted.

(I am running oS 13.1 with the latest updates and with KDE 14.4.x and kernel 3.16.1-8.x.)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.13.3 & kernel 3.16.1-4 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor