Re: [opensuse] Re: Interpretation please
On 2014-09-02 06:13, Linda Walsh wrote:

Nope... It really is the raw error read rate... It matches up exactly
with the Hardware ECC correction rate. All of the raw errors are
currently being corrected by ECC. When they aren't, you'll start
seeing sector remapping, which is when you start to really notice
disk slowdowns --- they prevent contiguous reads.

I don't know how long one can use ECC to get by with, BUT I've always been
told it's the first step towards an unreadable sector that gets remapped.

All modern Seagate disks have huge "error rate" values. Means nothing.
Or at least, it does not mean what a person would normally think :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >