Re: [opensuse] When connecting to my own dovecot server, Alpine complains that it is using self-signed certificates.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:00:15 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

That google thing finds 51,300 results. Polishing to "create your own
certificate authority opensuse" gets 21,300 results - and none of
those I read mentions that there is a YaST module that creates your
own local CA!

Ok, so I create an authority. But now I don't know how to add or sign
the dovecot certificate with it.

Once you have established yourself as a CA, you then act like one. With
your user hat on, you create a certificate and a signing request and
send it to your CA, i.e. yourself. You put your CA hat on etcetera.
It is a pretty well documented process, even if a bit cumbersome.

I don't know to what extent any of this can be done with YaST, but none
of it is specific to openSUSE.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.9°C)