Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice Samba shares
  • From: Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:25:29 +0100
On Friday 28 Mar 2014 14:37:53 lynn wrote:
On Thu, 2014-03-27 at 21:13 +0000, Paul Groves wrote:
On Thursday 27 Mar 2014 14:03:05 John Andersen wrote:
I suspect you don't have write authority on the smb drive for some
reason or another. Try copying some random file to the drive to find
out.

Permission problem probably.

On 27 March, 2014 1:55:17 PM MST, Paul Groves
<paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
Hi,

I have reinstalled 13.1 on my computer due to a hard drive failure.
Since the
reinstall LibreOffice will not open files from a smb share!

It tells me I can only open local files. I have been able to do this
since
forever! I am using the default libreoffice that comes with opensuse.
Very
frustrating seeing as all my documents are saved on my NAS

I have a laptop with a fresh install with the exact same issue. I also
have a
laptop running ubuntu which has no problem opening libreoffice files
over smb.

Can anyone help with this?

The smb share is guest access only. Therefore all users have rwx access.

I can confirm this works because in order to edit my ods file I had to
copy to my home folder and edit it then copy it back to the smb folder.

Searching online it has been suggested that Dolphin is not automatically
mounting smb shared when they are accessed with KDE 4.9. Does anyone know
if this is the case, and if so how to resolve it?

Hi
Are you opening it with file association in Dolphin?
Try narrowing it down. Can you access the ods if you mount it somewhere
real? e.g.
mount -t cifs //server/share /mnt -ousername=paul,password=******
KDE doesn't do a proper mount I don't think.
HTH
L x

I have tried form within dolphin and within libreoffice
it works fine wehn i mount the share manually
kde did support it as i was using it up until a couple of weeks ago, something
must have changed
--
Paul Groves