Re: [opensuse] zypper update -d undocumented feature?
On 2014-03-31 00:54, jdebert wrote:
Then why an option "download only" that does not download only?

This is a dangerous practice.

The files deleted were not replaced. They were only
deleted. They are not accessible on the filesystem, only in memory. No
newer version was yet written to the filesystem because, "download
only".

You are getting confused. You are mixing things, and saying things that
make no sense.

The download only option is not related at all to the "deleted files" thing.

I suggest you get hard data to support what you say, and then we'll
review it. Like running "zypper ps" before, doing a "download only" run,
then do a "zypper ps" to verify.

Then you could repeat with a real run, updating things.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)