Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
Le 30/03/2014 16:39, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 2014-03-30 16:27, jdd wrote:
Le 30/03/2014 16:22, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

It can verify the copy,

is this default, I don't understand the manpage?

No, not default.

The default is only to verify the timestamp, size, permissions... I use
"--checksum", IIRC the option.

I din't think so. look at the man page:

-c, --checksum
This chan(...)

Note that rsync always verifies that each transferred file was correctly reconstructed on the receiving side by checking a whole-file checksum that is generated as the file is transferred, but that automatic after-the-transfer verification has nothing to do with this option’s before-the-transfer "Does this file need to be updated?" check.

what I understand is that checksum *during the transfer* is always done

If you are using XFS partitions, there are very fast applications for
backup/restore. You can either dump an image, or a file copy. Speed is
impressive, but there is no verification. What I do then is use xfs
tools to do the initial copy, then an rsync verification run.

btrfs is said 1) to be next suse default, 2) have the same or similar option, I yet have to understand how this works on restore :-)

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org