Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 08:30:36 -0400
James Knott wrote:

This is getting all too complex. Mebe we should go back to 9 track
tapes and use tar the way it was intended. ;-)

Please, at least give us DLTs, James! :-)

I just back up to a hard drive with cp -a, which works fine. The
attributes are preserved and I can easily mount the drive to access
all the files.

I use rsync for basically the same reason but my objective is to be
able to install the replacement drive and be up and running again in a
matter of minutes.