Re: [opensuse] Back-lit keyboard recommendations?
On 30/03/14 11:35, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi,

My existing no-name corded keyboard is wearing out rather rapidly ie the
key labelling has been worn off. After 5 yrs I expect nothing more from
the keyboard and would like to retire it.

Whilst buying another corded PS/2\USB keyboard is on the cards I would
prefer one that meets as many of these criteria:

1. Has back-lit keys as I work in a low light environment

2. A full keyboard i.e. 101/4 keys
Including 12 F keys
Number-pad
Arrow keys
Key cluster incl. Insert,Delete, Home, End, PageUp and PageDwn.

3. Fairly silent would be nice

4.Used on OpenSuse 11.2, a Windows key can me Tux styled or vacant.

I have searched Amazon and Google for keyboards that have back-lit keys
and not just backlit backgrounds. Many look ideal but in further
investigation they are strictly Windows gaming keyboards.

Whyso "strictly" Windows? In my experience it's only the additional functionality which may not work - extra keys and macro functions; although I've found that an un-assigned keycode is generated quite a lot of the time.

Dylan