Re: [opensuse] Looking for a change.

On 03/29/2014 08:40 PM, c. marlow wrote:
hi folks new here!

I am currently running Kubuntu 12.04 since nov, I am kind of looking for a
change from the Buntus. Been running something buntu ( meaning xubuntu,
kubuntu,) for a couple years now. I just feel like I am ready to try to learn
something a bit harder.

But I have one friend telling me SUSE and I am wanting to try Fedora. is one
easier than the other to learn coming from the buntus?

Thanks,
Christopher
well I don't think it's harder--maybe easier--but how about PCLinuxOS?
You can get it in 32 or 64 bit, and KDE is standard, but there are other choices.
The PCLOS forum is very helpful. It uses normal partitions, dual boots with other
os's without fuss, has pretty much the same apps as the 'buntus, altho not
100%. Uses the rpm system to download and install files, but Synaptic does
that for you if you're using apps from the repos.

I have nothing against the SUSE--I used the original German edition (in English)
some years ago--but since I found PCLOS I'm pretty happy here.

--doug