Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On 2014-03-29 23:27, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 22:11:19 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2014-03-29 18:27, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 18:01:26 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

They are "rw", and different users. And I used root to mount the
CD.

This makes perfect sense because that's how the files were written
during your test, where you specified 'backup' mode to preserve
those attributes. I believe the 'norm' (not backup mode) causes
files to be properly marked as read-only on read-only media.

That's right.

And it is the case, here, the subject of the thread says, it,
backup-restore ;-)

This is a non sequitur, Carlos. I didn't dispute your test or question
the subject. My contribution at the beginning of this thread was merely
to explain to Anton how the files he'd backed up had lost their
original ownerships and been made read-only. Your contribution has been
to illustrate that there is a correct method for writing backups to
CD/DVD-ROM. :-)

Ah, ok, I misunderstood, sorry.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >