Re: [opensuse] Backup .. restore ... access/ownership
On 2014-03-29 18:27, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 18:01:26 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

They are "rw", and different users. And I used root to mount the CD.

This makes perfect sense because that's how the files were written
during your test, where you specified 'backup' mode to preserve those
attributes. I believe the 'norm' (not backup mode) causes files to be
properly marked as read-only on read-only media.

That's right.

And it is the case, here, the subject of the thread says, it,
backup-restore ;-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)