Re: [opensuse] Mounting windows-shares

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

I'm migrating my laptop from Opensuse 12.2 to 13.1. One of the
show-stoppers is mounting windows-shares. On 12.2 I use smb4k but on
13.1 smb4k is not working properly.
So is there a way to gracefully mount windows-shares ?
I know I can do this manually, on the command-line, as root. I also
could add entries in fstab, but what happens when the server is not
available, like at home ?
I know I can browse the shares in Dolphin, but it seems not all
applications can handle these "mounts", or do it in two stages like
LibreOffice, with extra user/password entries and clicks.

I googled a bit and I found autofs can do this also. I'm going to give
that a try.

Are there other options ?

Thanks for your input.

Koenraad.

What in particular do you find wrong with smb4k?

I just tried smb4k on my 13.1 desktop. It did seem a bit cranky at
first, it didn't seem to be able to browse my network. But its some time
since I last used it - prior to 13.1 I think. After I disabled
"Use default login" under Settings Authentication, it now seems to
be functioning.