[opensuse] 13.1/GNOME: no more software update notifications
Since some time I noticed that I get no more popups about new updates
in GNOME. I usually notice that people discuss some new updates and
check with zypper and see bunch of them.

I must admit I failed to understand what component actually checks for
updates and displays
notifications. /etc/sysconfig/packagekit-background did not change
since initial installation (December) and problem appeared later.
Unfortunately I cannot tell exactly when.

So - what software is responsible for checking for and popping
notifications about updates and does it have any log?