[opensuse] Re: Mounting windows-shares
Koenraad Lelong wrote:
Hi,

I'm migrating my laptop from Opensuse 12.2 to 13.1. One of the show-stoppers is mounting windows-shares. On 12.2 I use smb4k but on 13.1 smb4k is not working properly.
So is there a way to gracefully mount windows-shares ?
I know I can do this manually, on the command-line, as root. I also could add entries in fstab, but what happens when the server is not available, like at home ?
I know I can browse the shares in Dolphin, but it seems not all applications can handle these "mounts", or do it in two stages like LibreOffice, with extra user/password entries and clicks.

I googled a bit and I found autofs can do this also. I'm going to give that a try.
---
You could put it in /etc/fstab:
//ATHENAE/C$/ /athenae/ cifs user,noauto,rw,uid=lindaw,nocase,serverino,credentials=/home/lindaw/.ssh/athenae,setuids,noauto 0 0

--/home/law/ssh/.atheae--
username=lindaw
password=*******
domain=BLISS

----
then whenever you want to use it, you mount it as root...
or unmount when necessary...
Or you can put the above in an automount, I'm not on a laptop,
so a static mount as needed worked for me.