Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice Samba shares
On Thu, 2014-03-27 at 21:13 +0000, Paul Groves wrote:
On Thursday 27 Mar 2014 14:03:05 John Andersen wrote:
I suspect you don't have write authority on the smb drive for some reason or
another. Try copying some random file to the drive to find out.

Permission problem probably.

On 27 March, 2014 1:55:17 PM MST, Paul Groves <paul.groves.787@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,

I have reinstalled 13.1 on my computer due to a hard drive failure.
Since the
reinstall LibreOffice will not open files from a smb share!

It tells me I can only open local files. I have been able to do this
since
forever! I am using the default libreoffice that comes with opensuse.
Very
frustrating seeing as all my documents are saved on my NAS

I have a laptop with a fresh install with the exact same issue. I also
have a
laptop running ubuntu which has no problem opening libreoffice files
over smb.

Can anyone help with this?

The smb share is guest access only. Therefore all users have rwx access.

I can confirm this works because in order to edit my ods file I had to copy
my home folder and edit it then copy it back to the smb folder.

Searching online it has been suggested that Dolphin is not automatically
mounting smb shared when they are accessed with KDE 4.9. Does anyone know if
this is the case, and if so how to resolve it?

--
Paul Groves
Hi