Re: [opensuse] Last update of lightdm and shown users
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:16:06 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2014-03-28 at 00:14 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Carlos E. R. <> [03-27-14 23:29]:
[...]
Previously I used diff in parallel columns, combined with visual
inspection.

Cannot believe you never tried tkdiff which allows simultaneous editing
and is somewhat adged. But having discovered meld some time ago is really
a blessing :^)

I don't remember.

I installed "tkdiff" just now, and I could not make a thing with it. I simply copied a file to another one, added a line to the copy, and called tkdiff on both. It does detect easily the differences, but I see no way to copy one section from one side to the other. Yes, there are button arrows on top, but they do nothing.

There is a menu entry that opens an editor, and apparently you have to open the separate editor and change the file yourself in there, not in the window that highlights the differences. Absurd.

That is, I can not find out how to work with it, contrary to meld that is intuitive. Maybe I tried "tkdiff" years ago and abandoned it as well as useless.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)