Re: [opensuse] Install on RAID 1 with local disk and iscsi disk
В Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:59:20 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Paul Neuwirth wrote:
On Mar 26 2014 16:03, Per Jessen wrote:

Hmm, he did say it was root, so yes, it has to be in the initrd. Paul,
you may have to rebuild the initrd to get the iscsi setup copied in.

yes, i have "node.startup = onboot" in the node configuration.
and yes it happens in initrd.
i rebuild initrd already, but wondering, how mkinitrd shoulld detect,
that the root device (/dev/md0) uses an iscsi device.
something to add into a config or into the mkinitrd command?

I think mkinitrd is somewhat uncritical and simply copies in the iscsi config
whenever it finds iscsi devices in fstab. Judging by your initrd, it has
iscsi
so that's covered. Your initrd looks remarkably like one of mine, right down
the tg3 network driver.

You might want to look into if the md startup waits for the iscsi ditto.

According to script order, iscsi comes far before mounting of root
partition. So the actual question is - is discovery and setup of iSCSI
targets synchronous? If not ...

.. mkinitrd waits 15 seconds before starting array for root in degraded
mode. There is no real solution except increasing timeout.

I do not have any iSCSI setup so could someone test how long it takes
for devices to appear? Look into /lib/mkinitrd/scripts/boot-iscsi.sh
what it does.

I've
never done a RAID setup such as this, but having mdraid wait for iscsi
doesn't
sound like something we would do by default.

/Per