[opensuse] zypper DownloadAsNeeded option (was : zypper dup and free space)
On 03/25/2014 03:13 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
I have many installations with limited free space on /. With Fedora this happens to me a lot. It never happens with openSUSE, because I have this in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf:

commit.downloadMode = DownloadAsNeeded

Change yours, or use the corresponding cmdline option, and try again.

Wonderful option !
2 main advantages :
- The network is used more smoothly. Instead of using 100% bandwidth and then 0% during rpm installations.
- Most important for new users, the counter is updated during the whole process. Before, you had a message "1990/2000 (done)" , and when you reached the end, you had to spend about the same time for installation steep.

Shouldn't it be the default ?