Re: [opensuse] public_html security
On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 22:26 -0400, Ted Byers wrote:
On 14-03-23 09:37 PM, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 23/03/14 22:04, Ted Byers escribió:

What is PHP FPM.

Esentially is a modern version of php-fastcgi

and, if I were to create a PHP CGI script, why would I
use it (and would I write that code differently than what I ought to do
using only PHP with the Apache module)?

You do not need to write different code..in principle :-)

Hmmm. the last time I looked at FastCGI (in one case for C++ and in the
other for Perl), which admittedly was a while ago, the code needed to be
structured differently, with a loop that runs forever, listening for
requests, which then invoked the function call appropriate tot eh
request (and the content of that function call was basically what would
have otherwise been the CGI script), and extra care was required to
ensure that request data did not bleed through one request to the next.

Hi
All the php scripts under our shiny new nginx/php-fpm install run
unchanged. We had a struggle with prestashop, but that wasn't with the
php code, more the nginx config.
HTH
L x