[opensuse] Re: nginx uid:gid
lynn wrote:
13.1
Hi
We have a nginx test going. Yast created a uid:gid,
nginx:nginx
Is that if you are running apache at the same time?

If we go live, is there any reason nginx shouldn't run as:
wwwrun:www
---
No prob, unless you do the same with another piece of SW.

Several packages have tended to overlap on UID or GID and
it, generally speaking, is more secure to put each in their own
group. That way you could, say, give out access to nginx to
someone, w/o them having access to the output of ntop (which also
was switched to it's own user/group away from overlapping
on wwwrun:www.

From what I understand, wwwrun:www is to be use for a web server.

But you can reuse it if you know you'll never need the standard functions...