Re: [opensuse] zypper dup and free space
* Dsant <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-25-14 09:45]:
I tried to update my machine using "zypper dup", and it failed
because of not enough free space on / :(
How could I have checked this before ?

nominal check of free space: df -h

but you have little chance of knowing "exactly" how much "free space" will
be required as you do not know what packages will be downloaded to your
system and then what unpacking space required.

Your file system is in jeopardy if your free space is that constrained as
sometime soon log files, error files and accumulated email or perhaps a
core dump will eat the rest of your free space and your system will crash.

I would suggest allocating more disk space to "/" or and/moving "/var" to
it's own partition with sufficient room. You also might remove older log
files and check the size of /var/cache.

or I am all wet.