Re: [opensuse] public_html security
El 24/03/14 19:31, lynn escribió:
On Mon, 2014-03-24 at 00:29 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 23/03/14 23:26, Ted Byers escribió:

Do you know, off hand, whether or not WordPress would run properly (and
securely) if Apache was configured to execute all PHP code using FPM
instead of mod_php? (Or should I ask that on the WordPress forum?)

Any common application should work unmodified.

What is your take on Facebook's Hack with HHVM, as a putative
replacement for PHP FPM?

Have not looked at this yet.

13.1
Hi
OK, I've installed php fpm. Now, how do I tell apache to drop mod php5
and use fpm instead?
Thanks,

You have to first find a basic how to configure php-fpm, then you have to disable mod_php using:

# a2dismod php5

After that you have enable mod_proxy and mod_proxy_fcgi:

# a2enmod proxy proxy_fcgi

Then let's assume that php scripts are stored in /srv/www/htdocs

add to the apache configuration

ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.php)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000/srv/www/htdocs/$1

This assumes that php-fpm is running and listening on localhost port 9000.