Re: [opensuse] Remote control
On Mar 21 2014 18:16, Andrew English wrote:

Sorry to be asking this here, I know it's not a support question, but what does
everyone recommend for a remote control app/server for openSUSE that I can
download freely?

Will be remoting from an Windows machine either locally or over the internet.
So there has to be a Windows client/viewer available.

I am wondering, why noone suggested NX.
The speed is amazing compared to ssh-X forwarding, vnc, xdmcp... It allows to create/restore sessions...
Configuration is simple, but on my system i did not manage to get gnome (after removal of fallback mode) running, so i use changed one option in node.conf:
COMMAND_START_GNOME=icewm-session
using:
server-side:
FreeNX-0.7.3-1.1.x86_64 from OBS