Re: [opensuse] Moving / and /boot partitions
On 2014-03-23 15:41 (GMT-0700) Linda Walsh composed:

James Knott wrote:

I bought this motherboard about 8 years ago and have always used it with IDE
drives. I guess I'll be putting in the new motherboard sooner than planned.
---
Question -- does the motherboard SUPPORT sata drives, or are you using
an ADD-IN card?

Astute question, but SATA probably is on his motherboard, unless it was rather old when "new". SATA started showing up on motherboards about 11 years ago. I even have one supporting SATA onboard that runs an ancient Sempron Socket A/462. http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=M7NCD%20ULTRA

On 2014-03-23 20:34 (GMT-0700) Linda Walsh composed:

Hey -- notice I DIDN'T tell people about the benefits of lilo --
and how it still boots 13.1 from hard disk _without_ an initrd??

I don't know any benefits of Lilo, since I last used it over a decade ago. I much prefer correcting config file typos on the fly at boot time instead of via rescue boot. :-)

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/