Re: [opensuse] Re: Moving / and /boot partitions
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
I have already reinstalled 13.1 and am now trying to get dovecot going
again.
Pardon me, but you are being quite rude. Questions posed by you are/have
been answered and you have driven on w/o the courtesy of an answer or
explanation of what might have been wrong and what provided the solution.
No one else will benefit from this conversation if you provide no
explanation.

I followed the instructions provided earlier and as I mentioned, that
totally killed my system, so that I couldn't boot the computer at all.
Since this is my main computer, which I rely on for many things,
including IMAP server, I had to get it going again as quickly as
possible. So, i decided to bite the bullet and reinstall from scratch.
It is now running again, including dovecot. As to why I couldn't do
what I intended, I don't know what the cause with. All I know is some
suggestions didn't do much, but one killed my computer.

Since people often move systems to other drives and since this has now
become a complex process, perhaps someone should document the proper way
to move a system. As I mentioned earlier, searching with Google
provided bits & pieces, but no solution.