Re: [opensuse] NNTP forum access
On 2014-03-24 01:23, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2014-03-23 15:58 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. composed:

It does not work with any forum, only with the openSUSE hosted forums.

Are you sure "any" and "only" were appropriate word choices? Mozilla.org
provides NNTP access to its mailing lists' posts and vice versa.

But that is not a forum, meaning a web-forum.

Ok, let me try to clarify the phrase: it does not work with any random
forum you try. The only forums I know it works are the Novell hosted
forums, meaning opensuse.org, suse.org, and maybe another one I don't
know which.

And it works, I guess, because Novell had nntp support previous to the
existence of the web-forums, maybe even before they bought SuSE, and at
some point they joined them. This is just a guess.

This gateway is not perfect, there are known problems. The maintenance
is limited, so if a developer wants to improve it would be very nice. He
would get virtual beer from those of us using that gateway ;-)

Regardless, I've subscribed to 5 "forums", and sent my first response to
one of them.

Good :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)