Re: [opensuse] Re: Remote control
* Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx> [03-23-14 13:54]:
I do not agree. They work fine here.
Yes they work fine, that doesn't mean it's well done for 21st century
(it's shit).

Good that this shit will be gone forever with wayland&mir (which will
still be capable to show apps remotely but not that way).

В Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:07:25 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-03-23 01:10, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
"ssh -Y" gives you secure access to graphical tools, instead of
transmitting the entire desktop over internet. The problem is, of
course, you can not look at an already running GUI app.
---
I hadn't seen -Y mentioned until recently...

There is "ssh -X", and "ssh -Y". I understand that "ssh -Y" is safer,

No, it is exactly the opposite.

but maybe I got it wrong?

It is usually local network in my case, anyway.

YOU *should* endeavour to become more familiar with the chosen language
for this forum that you find a better manner for expressing yourself! You
might also read the suggestions about the proper manner of message
composition:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette#Use_bottom-posting_or_interleaved_style_to_answer