(it's shit).

Good that this shit will be gone forever with wayland&mir (which will
still be capable to show apps remotely but not that way).

В Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:07:25 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-03-23 01:10, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
"ssh -Y" gives you secure access to graphical tools, instead of
transmitting the entire desktop over internet. The problem is, of
course, you can not look at an already running GUI app.
---
I hadn't seen -Y mentioned until recently...

There is "ssh -X", and "ssh -Y". I understand that "ssh -Y" is safer,

No, it is exactly the opposite.

but maybe I got it wrong?

It is usually local network in my case, anyway.