[opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
On Sun 23 Mar 2014 07:16:09 PM CDT, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:15:28 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-03-23 05:01, David Haller wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, Carlos E. R. wrote:
As for my preferences, I would use nntp instead, not email, nor
forums.

What's the difference as you're using Thunderbird/Seamonkey for
mail? What do you use for NNTP?

No, I mean that IMO the best group communication method would be
nntp, not email, because it does not require subscribing. You can
not get full mail boxes, and you can go back in history and see
posts written years ago, way before you "subscribe".

Only if someone keeps archive. NNTP was not really designed for it -
news servers keep limited amount of recent articles and usually expunge
articles that expire.

So at the end it depends on good will of server maintainer whether you
will find posts written years ago.

Hi
The kind folks from TAG keep everything thing from forum creation since
there are four forums involved (openSUSE, SUSE, NetIQ and Novell).

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop