Re: [opensuse] Open SuSE 13.1 on Dell 4400
El 22/03/14 15:27, Felix Miata escribió:

I found bad caps on a 4400 about last November. Time to pop it open and
look. Likely you'll see several bad ones. If you don't see any on the
motherboard, open up the power supply and look inside it. Many times
this is a problem one can fix oneself if the hardware is worth keeping
working, but with i845 I suggest retirement. http://www.badcaps.net/

Unless we are talking about a very special system, attempting to repair this issue is not worth the hassle IMHO. (That may be because I am a software guy, if hardware does not work.. burn it ! throw it away! :-D )