Re: [opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
On 2014-03-23 07:57, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
I don't call bouncing emails "working fine"... but you may have a
different definition...

Arguably, that is your fault >:-)
----
How is it my fault? It's OpenSuSE's SW, that is misconfigured.

A user tried to cut and paste and post here, and OpenSuse's email
SW sent it in plain text and HTML.

That's the first point I made. The user didn't "choose" to send
to parts, they simply used OpenSuse Software as configured and got
shot down for using the software configured for them by the people
on this list who you claim don't want HTML email. So why would they
configure the email client to send it by default?

Sorry, but the default Thunderbird config comes from upstream, and you
can use it anyway you like. It is not preconfigured for this list, but
for general use.

I just tried to paste html text in this same email, and got it converted
instantly to plain text. The html content was destroyed.

Things like this happens on many lists. You read the rejection slip, and
try again, correcting the "fault".

Emails with html are intentionally rejected, as the list server could
accept them if this was wanted. No need to use googlegroups for that.
----
Again, you didn't read:

"Their software handles this w/o rejecting the message. -- if the list
is set for text only, It will even filter HTML into text. -- not just drop
non-text mime alternative part -- which could have been done here. "

Well, I read an explanation of why this was not done, time ago. I don't
remember it, and I can't find it. Maybe someone remembers.

So Open suse goes out of their way to configure their software in a way
that their lists will reject it... Is that your claim?? Are you daft?

Out of their way? No.

Please try to understand the point I was making. There are better examples
of how to achieve the objectives you want that don't unnecessarily
alienate and reject user's emails that were configured to send email, by
members of this list (suse-factory) that gets sent in both formats --
yet the members of this
list won't accept that format ... You don't find that a bit hypocritical?

Actually, I do.

Those emails with html, sent by staffers, should be rejected, the same
way as our posts with html are rejected. No privileges.

Same thing as I hate when emails with big attachments get posted to a
list here, when the rules say they are forbidden and automatically rejected.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >