Re: [opensuse] Re: Post to opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied---stupid rules R US
On 2014-03-23 05:01, David Haller wrote:
Hello,

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014, Carlos E. R. wrote:
As for my preferences, I would use nntp instead, not email, nor
forums.

What's the difference as you're using Thunderbird/Seamonkey for mail?
What do you use for NNTP?

No, I mean that IMO the best group communication method would be nntp,
not email, because it does not require subscribing. You can not get full
mail boxes, and you can go back in history and see posts written years
ago, way before you "subscribe".

But it is not a popular method nowdays. Maybe it has disadvantages, re
abuse. Maybe higher server load. Dunno.

The forums here do have an nntp gateway, so I actually participate in
the openSUSE forums using nntp, and this is wonderful.

(with leafnode in the mix)

On the other paw, that, where I do want me to be allowed to

Paw? Are you a kzin? :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >