Re: [opensuse] Re: XFS filesystem total failure on return from hibernation.
On 2014-03-23 01:27, Linda Walsh wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I, as well, would suggest asking about the problem on the xfs list.

Yes, I know. I keep forgetting to do it, and when I remember, I'm too busy.

Meanwhile, I made a backup of the files in that partition, and
reformatted it. The issue has not reappeared, and I keep my fingers closed.

But more to the point, he posted some patches for review yesterday
morning involving writes at EOF and interlock problems, that might
address or overlap your issue...

But I can not realistically apply patches myself. I have to wait till
openSUSE kernel people do it, and they will not do till 13.2...

(People do direct I/O via mapping to the file past the end of
file at the same time the file is being extended... things get
tricky -- direct I/O doesn't like it's view being 'initialized to
zero' after EOF -- even though it shouldn't have been able to
map past EOF to begin with... hmmm...

Code looks really hairy... one of the other devs just wrote up an
FAQ on XFS's speculative preallocation.... next will be one on
it's precognitive-disk writing strategy... ;-)

Ugh.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >