Hi Carlos,

Remote control of a single application is a valid use-case I do agree
with this too ;)
But the implementation is not good.
Such a thing built-in into the X server is the bad choice. One could
have done that in the toolkits Qt/gtk (Qt rules *popcorn*) so even
your remote app could use your font/icon theme etc.

Have a nice day!

On 2014-03-22 22:38, Damian Ivanov wrote:
Being a 3d party software doesn't make it bad/evil software. I knew
somebody would ask that but I did hope to not need to write a long
answer....
1) 0 configuration
2) auto chooses ports etc
3) has clients for lin/win/osx/android
4) features like chat & drag and drop, voip, single program sharing
(like ssh with an X app) and more
5) configuration of vnc/rdp suck in advanced configuration (and I
won't spend another 5min to explain why)

I agree with this...

PS: ssh -X is bullshit *popcorn*

But I do not agree with this. It is very useful, I use it every day.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)